Sunday, November 11, 2012

I heart macro - passion

Hello friends,

As you know, part of each Sunday is for 'I Heart Macro'... here are a few close up photos from both garden and studio.

This is the first passionflower on my newly planted vine... they are such a weird and fabulous flower! I am hoping I will get lots of passionfruit.. there are certainly lots of buds and flowers appearing on the plant to make me think I should. I am not too sure if you get fruit in the first year... can anyone tell me?

Just love those wild tendrils!

This is such a delicate beauty with it's upright petals and hidden little pod. I never tire of seeing these beautiful poppies
show up in my garden each year.

 And just because we are talking 'up close' here.... this is a little bit of my passion at the moment... making a ring... this is a set of rings that you use to determine your finger size before making a ring.

The russian wedding ring I am still making needs to be made from a ring 5 sizes bigger than my finger! I am a 'P' but had to make the rings in a 'U' size. It seems so large and loose at the moment......! I am crossing my fingers and hoping it will be a good fit when completed.


studio waterstone

Today I am linking up to 'I heart macro' hosted by Lori at Studio Waterstone, so please do head on over and join in the macro and up close photography fun.

Cheers,

10 comments:

so many memories said...

I love the first one, it's so wild looking! They are all such great shots!

Cecilia Artista said...

Beautiful shots!
I love the picture of the weird passionflower!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I love the passionflower and the colour of the poppy.

Tina´s PicStory said...

fantastic macro! :)

Shel said...

Wow, what awesome shots! The first one looks so 'alien'!!:-) hope the ring works out and fits!

Mary Lamoray said...

That is such a super cool flower!! I love the colors, tendrils and uniqueness! I believe all flowers are beautiful but the ones that are extra strange or different is such a nice change from the 'normal':)

Laura said...

absolutely gorgeous photos Jenni...LOVE that first image especially. I hope you will join me and many others by participating in the gratitude quilt this year... there is info about what this project is and how to be part of it at the top of my blog.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

If you are having passionfruit flowers you hopefully will also have fruit set. Amazing flowers aren't they. They open in a matter of second too - if you can catch them!

Love you poppy - another variety I am yet to grow.....

Hootin Anni said...

That passion flower ... it's one of my favorites tho it can be quite invasive. Gorgeous image!!

Hope to see you stop by and pay a visit sometime soon. Have a glorious week ahead.

Nina said...

Hi Jenni, the passionflower is amazing! I hope it bears fruit ;) It's exciting to hear you're making rings - a lovely close-up of the ring-measuring-rings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...