Sunday, December 11, 2011

I Heart Macro - flowers from the cake

Hello dear friends,

It has been a while since I posted....this time of the year is a little crazy....so much happening.
Today I am linking up to I Heart Macro...a lovely site for those who love up close and macro photos.
Lori also makes stunning re-purposed leather bags...so take a peak while you are there.

My submission today is a little floral cake topper from my wedding cake....26 years ago!!
I keep it under a little glass dome...but, of course it still has deteriorated...looks a little grungy in the photos!

I am thinking of weddings today..as I am going to the wedding of a niece later this afternoon...hoping the rain stays away for her! It has been torrential overnight. It certainly will not dampen the occasion if it is though!!

A little faded and battered ....but it is 26 years old!

Little glass dome protector... I think it is actually a butter dish?


studio waterstone


Please click on the photo link above to take you to Lori's site and other participant's photos.
Cheers for today... I am off to get ready for this lovely event

Jenni

13 comments:

Bears Fan said...

WOW, it looks beautiful after this length of time! Nice photo, detailed!

Mary Lamoray said...

I think it looks wonderful!! Having a touch of 'color' just adds to its significance and the passing of many years... a true treasure! Eric and I still have one of our wedding 'champagne' glasses and for many years would go out to dinner on our anniversary, fill the glass with soda and share the drink!... (30 years now! :)

T... said...

beautiful topper....and the colours are still nice.....love the dish you have it displayed in....

Regina said...

Still beautiful.... like the bride!

Carole M. said...

how beautiful is this; how nice to have it preserved like this; it's really really lovely; great photo!

Unknown said...

delicious but i'd rather put it in a jar :)

lovely!

http://point-shoot-vhen.blogspot.com/2011/12/365354-356.html

Annette said...

It's so pretty! What a wonderful keepsake from your special day.

LindyLouMac said...

Calling by as another participant in iheartmacro, good to meet you. How romantic to have kept it for so long.

Sharyl said...

It's amazing you could have protected it and kept it in such good condition all these years! I think it still looks remarkable! Great closeup shot too!

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Still gorgeous after all this time! Love the close up and the details! Have a great time!

My Life Under the Bus said...

I think it looks pretty awesome! WOW

Lori P said...

What a fantastic thing to do - and I think it looks great, too. I had my wedding dress preserved 25 years ago next month and am thinking of opening the box. Such meaningful items and so many wonderful memories.

Unknown said...

Very beautiful and it's a good idea to preserved it inside a jar. Awesome!

Macro

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...