Sunday, October 24, 2010

Owl Necklace

It's been a busy week and there hasn't been a lot of time for beadmaking,  however I did get around to finishing my little owl necklace.






The colours in jawjee's owl are difficult to capture on film but they are a gorgeous mix of blue and greeny-blue in the body of the owl combined with captivating bright green eyes. There is also a dash of pinky orange in the eyes .













I decided to use one larger lampwork bead of my own in the blue-green combination, and also included two pairs of  simple spacer- beads in similar colours, separated by small bright olive-green crystals.










The beads around the neck are lovely blue topaz separated by plain silver.







A box-style clasp with peridot insert and a dangling silver leaf and small crystals complete the story.












I am loving how my necklace turned out.





Here is also a photo of the roses on my front fence.


Cheers,
 Jenni

2 comments:

Georgie Field said...

Hey Jenni, this necklace is the most wonderful design and I love how you've presented the owl. Very very very impressed with the result and I want one too LOL

Jenni said...

Hey Georgie, thankyou for your comment. Your gorgeous owl made the colours work. I now have a few people wanting an owl necklace! Jenni.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...